How do I post in a moderated group?

Logan Lee

Please excuse me for my lack of experience in Usenet. I can't post to a moderated group and I don't know what to do.

osmium

Logan Lee said:
Please excuse me for my lack of experience in Usenet. I can't post to a
moderated group and I don't know what to do.

Just post your message like you would to an ordinary group. If the powers
that be decide your message is worthy, it will appear after a delay. The
delay can be from several hours to day or so. They may respond to you in
an e-mail rejecting your message or they may not. Note that any responses
to your message will also incur a similar delay.

Keith Thompson

Logan Lee said:
Please excuse me for my lack of experience in Usenet. I can't post
to a moderated group and I don't know what to do.

How does it not work?

Normally you do it the same way you'd post to an unmoderated group;
the software at the other end takes care of forwarding your message to
the moderator, and the moderator takes care of posting it.

If that doesn't work, post to news.newusers.questions. If you've
tried to post to a moderated group (presumably comp.lang.c.moderated,
or you wouldn't be asking here) and your article hasn't shown up yet,
it just takes a while for articles to be posted there. If you have a
C question, you might have better luck here in the unmoderated
comp.lang.c.

Richard Tobin

Normally you do it the same way you'd post to an unmoderated group;
the software at the other end takes care of forwarding your message to
the moderator, and the moderator takes care of posting it.

This requires your news server to be correctly configured to forward
the article to the right place. If your article doesn't show up
eventually (e.g. after other articles posted at the same time), you
could check with your ISP.

-- Richard