How do I use uriSuffix/systemSuffix with XML catalogs?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Secret Guy, Aug 19, 2005.

  1. Secret Guy

    Secret Guy Guest

    I am using xml-commons-resolver-1.1 with java. I want to resolve
    relative URIs, e.g.:

    test

    or in XSLT: document('test')

    I have a catalog:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <catalog
    xmlns="urn:eek:asis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog"
    xmlns:ext="http://nwalsh.com/xcatalog/1.0"
    prefer="public">

    <ext:systemSuffix suffix="test uri="data/test.xml"/>

    </catalog>

    If I use the resolver app:

    java resolver -d 10 -c catalog.xml test system

    the result is:

    Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
    Parse catalog: ./xcatalog
    Default BASE: file:D:/projects/ex1/xcatalog
    Catalog does not exist: file:D:/projects/ex1/xcatalog
    Parse catalog: catalog.xml
    Default BASE: file:D:/projects/ex1/catalog.xml
    override: yes
    OVERRIDE: yes
    Resolve SYSTEM (systemid):
    system id: test
    resolveSystem(test)
    Result: null

    If I change the catalog to use system instead of systemSuffix, it resolves.

    Similarly, in java code, if I use CatalogResolver.getResolvedEntity(),
    the result is null.

    Is there something else that I need to do to get the
    ExtendedCatalogResolver to be used?

    Secret Guy, Aug 19, 2005