    JPA, OpenJPA are differ from each other.

    Thanks in advance...

    Amit Jain
    Amit Jain, Nov 12, 2008

  2. Amit Jain

    Lew Guest

    Re: how does Ojb, JDO, EJB3-Entity Bean, JPA, OpenJPA are differfrom each

    Amit Jain wrote:
    > Please help me, I want to know how does Ojb, JDO, EJB3-Entity Bean,
    > JPA, OpenJPA are differ from each other.

    AIUI, OJB is an implementation of JDO. EJB3 "entity beans" don't exist; EJB
    3.0 uses JPA for entities. JPA is a specification. OpenJPA is one
    implementation of JPA.

    You yourself provided the link that discusses the difference between JDO and
    JPA in another thread.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Nov 12, 2008

  3. Amit Jain

    Amit Jain Guest

    On Nov 12, 7:03 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > Amit Jain wrote:
    > > Please help me, I want to know how does Ojb, JDO, EJB3-Entity Bean,
    > > JPA, OpenJPA are differ from each other.

    > AIUI, OJB is an implementation of JDO.  EJB3 "entity beans" don't exist; EJB
    > 3.0 uses JPA for entities.  JPA is a specification.  OpenJPA is one
    > implementation of JPA.
    >
    > You yourself provided the link that discusses the difference between JDO and
    > JPA in another thread.
    >
    > Amit Jain wrote:
    > > JDO v JPA
    > >http://db.apache.org/jdo/jdo_v_jpa.html

    > --
    > Lew

    Hi Lew,
    Can you please through some light on "OJB is an implementation of
    JDO."

    Thanks in advance,

    Amit Jain
    Amit Jain, Nov 13, 2008
  4. Amit Jain

    Amit Jain wrote:
    > Can you please through some light on "OJB is an implementation of
    > JDO."

    No, I can't. I know nothing about OJB.

    <http://db.apache.org/ojb/>

    --