    JPA.

    Thank,
    Amit Jain

    Amit Jain, Nov 6, 2008

  2. Amit Jain

    Lew Guest

    On Nov 6, 5:26 am, Amit Jain <> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I found detail information on Apache OJB but not on OpenJPA.
    > can any one please tell me what is difference between Apache OJB and
    > JPA.

    OpenJPA is compliant with the latest Java EE specification, which
    includes JPA, OJB is not.

    Apache OBJ was last updated nearly 3 years ago. OpenJPA was last
    updated nearly 3 months ago.

    From what I remember of JDO, JPA is a much easier model to which to
    program.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Nov 6, 2008

  3. Amit Jain

    Lew Guest

    Amit Jain wrote:
    > I found detail information on Apache OJB but not on OpenJPA.

    Did you look at the OpenJPA web site?

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Nov 7, 2008
  4. Amit Jain

    Amit Jain Guest

    On Nov 7, 5:04 am, Lew <> wrote:
    > Amit Jain wrote:
    > > I found detail information on Apache OJB but not on OpenJPA.

    > Did you look at the OpenJPA web site?
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    Hi Lew,
    yes I gone through http://openjpa.apache.org/ but there I didn't found
    any comparison there with OJB.
    Could through some light or provide some link where I can found
    comparison.

    Thanks in advance
    Amit Jain

    Amit Jain, Nov 7, 2008
  5. Amit Jain

    Lew Guest

    Amit Jain wrote:
    > yes I gone through http://openjpa.apache.org/ but there I didn't found
    > any comparison there with OJB.
    > Could through some light or provide some link where I can found
    > comparison.

    Fundamentally they're different. OJB implements the defunct JDO standard and
    OpenJPA implements the current JPA standard.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Nov 7, 2008
  6. Amit Jain

    Amit Jain Guest

    On Nov 7, 5:37 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > Amit Jain wrote:
    > > yes I gone throughhttp://openjpa.apache.org/but there I didn't found
    > > any comparison there with OJB.
    > > Could through some light or provide some link where I can found
    > > comparison.

    > Fundamentally they're different.  OJB implements the defunct JDO standard and
    > OpenJPA implements the current JPA standard.
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    Thanks Lew for your valuable input.

    Amit Jain

    Amit Jain, Nov 10, 2008
  7. Amit Jain

    Amit Jain Guest

    On Nov 10, 10:09 am, Amit Jain <> wrote:
    > On Nov 7, 5:37 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    >
    > > Amit Jain wrote:
    > > > yes I gone throughhttp://openjpa.apache.org/butthere I didn't found
    > > > any comparison there with OJB.
    > > > Could through some light or provide some link where I can found
    > > > comparison.

    > > Fundamentally they're different.  OJB implements the defunct JDO standard and
    > > OpenJPA implements the current JPA standard.

    > > --
    > > Lew

    > Thanks Lew for your valuable input.
    >
    > Amit Jain