difference between apache ojb and OpenJPA

Amit Jain

Hi All,
I found detail information on Apache OJB but not on OpenJPA.
can any one please tell me what is difference between Apache OJB and
JPA.

Thank,
Amit Jain

Lew

Hi All,
I found detail information on Apache OJB but not on OpenJPA.
can any one please tell me what is difference between Apache OJB and
JPA.

OpenJPA is compliant with the latest Java EE specification, which
includes JPA, OJB is not.

Apache OBJ was last updated nearly 3 years ago. OpenJPA was last
updated nearly 3 months ago.

From what I remember of JDO, JPA is a much easier model to which to
program.

Lew

Amit said:
yes I gone through http://openjpa.apache.org/ but there I didn't found
any comparison there with OJB.
Could through some light or provide some link where I can found
comparison.

Fundamentally they're different. OJB implements the defunct JDO standard and
OpenJPA implements the current JPA standard.

Amit Jain

Fundamentally they're different.  OJB implements the defunct JDO standard and
OpenJPA implements the current JPA standard.

Thanks Lew for your valuable input.

Amit Jain