    how can handle the things with security

    what are the ways available
    , Oct 11, 2007

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:27:59 -0000, wrote, quoted
    or indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >i want some more security while handling the
    >credit & debit card number
    >if any one know solution means. plz can u help

    The lightweight solution is to use The Transporter see
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/transporter.html
    It does not need the Java JCE library installed.

    The heavyweight way is to use JCE. JCE is bundled with JRE 6
    but used to require separate manual installation.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    Roedy Green, Oct 11, 2007

  3. Daniel Pitts Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:27:59 -0000, wrote, quoted
    > or indirectly quoted someone who said :
    >
    >> i want some more security while handling the
    >> credit & debit card number
    >> if any one know solution means. plz can u help

    > The lightweight solution is to use The Transporter see
    > http://mindprod.com/jgloss/transporter.html

    That link is broken.

    > It does not need the Java JCE library installed.
    >
    > The heavyweight way is to use JCE. JCE is bundled with JRE 6
    > but used to require separate manual installation.

    It depends also on where the credit information is gathered and used. If
    its for an e-commerce site, then the proper technology to *gather* the
    credit information is "https". When handling it on the server side,
    never put the information into an insecure database. Always
    escape/sanitize ALL queries to any database that has CC information from
    ANY app. Its best to not store the CC information if possible, and send
    it directly to your billing partner.

    Daniel Pitts, Oct 13, 2007
  4. Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Oct 13, 2007
  5. Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:27:59 -0000, wrote, quoted
    or indirectly quoted someone who said :

    > plz can u help

    I can't believe anyone entrusted with bank security would use
    textspeak in a public forum.
    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/textspeak.html

    It is like hiring a garage band to play Carnegie hall.
    Roedy Green, Oct 13, 2007
  6. Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Oct 13, 2007
  7. wrote:
    > i am developing one Banking Project,
    >
    > i want some more security while handling the
    > credit & debit card number
    > if any one know solution means. plz can u help
    >
    > how can handle the things with security
    >
    > what are the ways available

    Be sure to follow PCI DSS !

    Arne
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Oct 14, 2007