how I restart a process from itself?

Paolo Veronelli

I want to add a sensible address to my nevow server, so it has to launch
an executable that stop itself and restart it.

I tried os.execl('restart','') but I have a format error and I do not
understand the manual page.

thanks for help

Larry Bates

Paolo said:
I want to add a sensible address to my nevow server, so it has to launch
an executable that stop itself and restart it.

I tried os.execl('restart','') but I have a format error and I do not
understand the manual page.

thanks for help
What platform (Windows or Linux)?

If it is Windows you need to write your program as a
Windows service. Then you can use ServiceManage to
start, stop, and restart it.

Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.