How is a PHP (.php) or JavaScript web site spidered by search engines?

eastcoastguyz

I know that with a web site which is simply .html web pages, it is easy
for a bot to spider it and follow links. What about those web sites
written in .php or Javascript? How does its content get into search
engines when spidered? Does it do a simple GET of the web page and not
execute content? Thanks!

Flamer

eastcoastguyz said:
I know that with a web site which is simply .html web pages, it is easy
for a bot to spider it and follow links. What about those web sites
written in .php or Javascript? How does its content get into search
engines when spidered? Does it do a simple GET of the web page and not
execute content? Thanks!

PHP outputs HTML.. the bot sees the page as any normal user would, for
example in your browser click view/source on an html page and dito on a
php page. Webservers never allow bots or browsers to see your
unexecuted php.. with javascript, the bot spiders the whole lot, same
as html code, the bot knows what part of javascript code is visible on
the page to the user and which is not.

Flamer.