How much code = big project?

Irving Fried

If you were to combine your java/servlet/jsp application source code
into one file, how many megabytes would you wind up with? And do you
consider this large or small?

Andrew Thompson

Irving said:
If you were to combine your java/servlet/jsp application source code
into one file, how many megabytes would you wind up with? And do you
consider this large or small?

"Mine's bigger than yours".

Mostly because I add redundant ;'s (lots of them)
to fool the dumbest (only) of code metric tools.

OK.. playing the game. '2.137*' / 'medium'.

* yeh.. I just made that up, but what the hey, it's
as good a figure as any.

Andrew T.

Oliver Wong

Irving Fried said:
If you were to combine your java/servlet/jsp application source code into
one file, how many megabytes would you wind up with? And do you consider
this large or small?

This morning, when I pressed CTRL-SHIFT-T in Eclipse to search for a
specific class in my project, Eclipse crashed with:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Requested array size exceeds VM limit

This was with -Xmx256m. I just upped it to 512m, and it seems to work
okay now.

- Oliver

The Cat Who Walks By Himself

If you were to combine your java/servlet/jsp application source code
into one file, how many megabytes would you wind up with? And do you
consider this large or small?

Around 3 million lines of code in all. I'd consider this a large project (or
rather, set of projects, since it's a collection of tightly integrated
enterprise software applications).