    If you were to combine your java/servlet/jsp application source code
    into one file, how many megabytes would you wind up with? And do you
    consider this large or small?
    Irving Fried, Sep 12, 2006

  2. Irving Fried wrote:
    > If you were to combine your java/servlet/jsp application source code
    > into one file, how many megabytes would you wind up with? And do you
    > consider this large or small?

    "Mine's bigger than yours".

    Mostly because I add redundant ;'s (lots of them)
    to fool the dumbest (only) of code metric tools.

    OK.. playing the game. '2.137*' / 'medium'.

    * yeh.. I just made that up, but what the hey, it's
    as good a figure as any.

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Sep 12, 2006

  3. Irving Fried

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Irving Fried" <> wrote in message
    > If you were to combine your java/servlet/jsp application source code into
    > one file, how many megabytes would you wind up with? And do you consider
    > this large or small?

    This morning, when I pressed CTRL-SHIFT-T in Eclipse to search for a
    specific class in my project, Eclipse crashed with:

    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Requested array size exceeds VM limit

    This was with -Xmx256m. I just upped it to 512m, and it seems to work
    okay now.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Sep 13, 2006
  4. In article <>, Irving Fried <> wrote:
    >If you were to combine your java/servlet/jsp application source code
    >into one file, how many megabytes would you wind up with? And do you
    >consider this large or small?

    Around 3 million lines of code in all. I'd consider this a large project (or
    rather, set of projects, since it's a collection of tightly integrated
    enterprise software applications).
    The Cat Who Walks By Himself, Sep 14, 2006