how much should I charge?

leo

I am designing a static business site about 2-3 pages, nothing fancy.
I'll take some photos, horses and more as well and might need to write
up some text. I'd like to know what I should charge. Thanks.

Greg

leo said:
I am designing a static business site about 2-3 pages, nothing fancy.
I'll take some photos, horses and more as well and might need to write
up some text. I'd like to know what I should charge. Thanks.

Depending on your experience (which sounds like it might be minimal ) I
think a couple hundred would be respectable. Are you registering the domain
name? Setting up hosting? I would probably say no more than $250.

Roy Schestowitz

leo said:
I am designing a static business site about 2-3 pages, nothing fancy.
I'll take some photos, horses...
^^^^^^

Excuse us?
and more as well and might need to write
up some text. I'd like to know what I should charge. Thanks.

Depends on your level of experience and the number of hours that you expect
to spend. There is no answer to your question.

Roy

Hywel Jenkins

I am designing a static business site about 2-3 pages, nothing fancy.
I'll take some photos, horses and more as well and might need to write
up some text. I'd like to know what I should charge. Thanks.

Google this group for this very topic. The answer is there is no
answer. How much is your time worth to you? What are your overheads?
Are you any good? What do other developers in your area charge? Are
they any good?

Sid Ismail

: I am designing a static business site about 2-3 pages, nothing fancy.
: I'll take some photos, horses and more as well and might need to write
: up some text. I'd like to know what I should charge. Thanks.

How good are you?
How much time did you spend?

$100 - $500 depending on above answers.

Sid

Auggie

leo said:
I am designing a static business site about 2-3 pages, nothing fancy.
I'll take some photos, horses and more as well and might need to write
up some text. I'd like to know what I should charge. Thanks.

"designing"? Does that mean you've already closed the deal and are starting
to work on it?

As with what others have said, it all depends on what your skills are, what
you are doing for the client and how much time you are putting into this,
and any additional expenses.

The key thing here is: all of this should have been discussed with the
client *BEFORE* you close the deal and start working on the website.

Otherwise the two of you could have totally different prices in mind... they
might be thinking this will cost them $50-75 and you might be thinking more
in the range of $500-750 and so if you came to the client with a price thats
10 times what they expected and they don't want to pay, what are you going
to do? If they say "No, I don't want to pay that much" then you might end
up having to sell it to them for their rate or else you've wasted all the
time you spent working on this.

As well, you need to think about everything in regard to time and expenses:
how much gas you expending to drive to the farm/ranch where the horses
are... how much time is that taking up... after you've taken the pictures do
you need to come back so the client can pick the best pictures with you...
how much time are you going to need to spend optimizing the pictures for
web...