How not to display actual URL

Prabhat

Hi,

I have seen some of the website will display same url even if we go to inner
pages. In status bar we can see the url before click of the link but when
trhe page loads the addressber url still remain the same.

How can We do that using ASP? Is it some URL masking concept? (I think using
frames we can do that, But I am sure that website did not used frames)

Please suggest.
Prabhat

Evertjan.

Prabhat wrote on 27 apr 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I have seen some of the website will display same url even if we go to
inner pages. In status bar we can see the url before click of the
link but when trhe page loads the addressber url still remain the
same.

How can We do that using ASP? Is it some URL masking concept? (I think
using frames we can do that, But I am sure that website did not used
frames)

I don't know who "We" are ;-), but I,
there are two/three possiblilties I know off:

1 frame, this is clientside.

2 changing [serverside] content depending on session variable or post/query

3 changing [clientside] content with AJAX?

Mike Brind

Evertjan. said:
Prabhat wrote on 27 apr 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I have seen some of the website will display same url even if we go to
inner pages. In status bar we can see the url before click of the
link but when trhe page loads the addressber url still remain the
same.

How can We do that using ASP? Is it some URL masking concept? (I think
using frames we can do that, But I am sure that website did not used
frames)

I don't know who "We" are ;-), but I,
there are two/three possiblilties I know off:

1 frame, this is clientside.

2 changing [serverside] content depending on session variable or post/query

3 changing [clientside] content with AJAX?

4. Use Web Forwarding.

Evertjan.

Mike Brind wrote on 27 apr 2006 in
Evertjan. said:
Prabhat wrote on 27 apr 2006 in
I have seen some of the website will display same url even if we go
to inner pages. In status bar we can see the url before click of
the link but when trhe page loads the addressber url still remain
the same.

How can We do that using ASP? Is it some URL masking concept? (I
think using frames we can do that, But I am sure that website did
not used frames)

I don't know who "We" are ;-), but I,
there are two/three possiblilties I know off:

1 frame, this is clientside.

2 changing [serverside] content depending on session variable or
post/query

3 changing [clientside] content with AJAX?

4. Use Web Forwarding.

And what is that?

Response.redirect wil not keep the original adress in the bar.

Server.transfer does not work outside the server.

Response.AddHeader "Location", "http://www.wherever.com/"
is the same as
and wil not keep the original adress in the bar.

Mike Brind

Evertjan. said:
Prabhat wrote on 27 apr 2006 in

I have seen some of the website will display same url even if we go
to inner pages. In status bar we can see the url before click of
the link but when trhe page loads the addressber url still remain
the same.

How can We do that using ASP? Is it some URL masking concept? (I
think using frames we can do that, But I am sure that website did
not used frames)

I don't know who "We" are ;-), but I,
there are two/three possiblilties I know off:

1 frame, this is clientside.

2 changing [serverside] content depending on session variable or
post/query

3 changing [clientside] content with AJAX?

4. Use Web Forwarding.

And what is that?

Well... it's using frames, basically. So back to 3 suggestions :)

Prabhat

Thanks friends for your suggestion. I think Frames is the Best to implement
that. Also I need to learn AJAX.

Prabhat

Pedro Leite

good morning

my guess is that is using frame. not frames.
one frame page with one frame inside

Pedro