    I would like to do this in just HTML, no server side scripts. Is this
    even possible?

    Thank you!
    sse, Nov 2, 2010

  2. sse

    MG Guest

    "sse" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What is the HTML syntax for rendering a URL within a frame, or even
    > better a table cell?
    >
    > A simple example would be to have multiple frames on a page, or a
    > table with multiple cells, and then render different external url's in
    > each frame or cell, (eg. show google.com and yahoo.com on the same
    > page, but in different containers).
    >
    > I would like to do this in just HTML, no server side scripts. Is this
    > even possible?
    >
    > Thank you!

    Is this what you are looking for?
    http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_frame.asp

    Most people here do not recommend the use of frames. Do you really need
    them?

    MG
    MG, Nov 2, 2010

  3. sse

    sse Guest

    On Nov 2, 3:26 am, "MG" <> wrote:
    > "sse" <> wrote in message

    > > What is the HTML syntax for rendering aURLwithin aframe, or even
    > > better a table cell?

    > > A simple example would be to have multiple frames on a page, or a
    > > table with multiple cells, and thenrenderdifferent externalurl'sin
    > > eachframeor cell, (eg. show google.com and yahoo.com on the same
    > > page, but in different containers).

    > > I would like to do this in just HTML, no server side scripts.  Is this
    > > even possible?

    > > Thank you!

    > Is this what you are looking for?http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_frame.asp
    >
    > Most people here do not recommend the use of frames. Do you really need
    > them?
    >
    > MG

    Thank you for the link. Actually I agree, I would prefer not to do
    this within a frame. I am particularly interested in rendering a page
    within a table cell. Is it possible to do it like this or some other
    way without frames?
    sse, Nov 2, 2010
  4. sse

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <
    m>,
    sse <> wrote:

    > I am particularly interested in rendering a page
    > within a table cell. Is it possible to do it like this or some other
    > way without frames?

    Have you looked at the iframe element?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 2, 2010
  5. sse

    MG Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article
    > <
    > m>,
    > sse <> wrote:
    >
    >> I am particularly interested in rendering a page
    >> within a table cell. Is it possible to do it like this or some other
    >> way without frames?

    > Have you looked at the iframe element?

    sse

    You can find a description of th iframe here:
    http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp

    MG
    MG, Nov 3, 2010
  6. sse

    sse Guest

    On Nov 3, 12:40 am, "MG" <> wrote:
    > "dorayme" <> wrote in message

    > > In article
    > > <
    > > m>,
    > > sse <> wrote:

    > >> I am particularly interested in rendering a page
    > >> within atablecell.  Is it possible to do it like this or some other
    > >> way without frames?

    > > Have you looked at the iframe element?

    > sse
    >
    > You can find a description of th iframe here:http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp
    >
    > MG

    Thanks, I think the iFrames will work nicely. I also checked out the
    SSI link (from the previous poster), this should also work, although
    it seems to require that SSI be turned on on the Server.

    I do also wonder if anyone knows if it's possible to simply render an
    entire URL within a table cell? If it is possible, can someone help
    me with the syntax?

    Thank you again
    sse, Nov 4, 2010