How should we set our install order?

Guest

Hi;

Our portal can handle either Windows Identity or ASP.NET Membership/Roles
for authentication/authorization. However, this must be selected during the
install.

So basically we need the user to read the install guide before installing
the program. Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

1) Another msi program that installs the document and real installer. They
can then read the doc then start the main installer.

2) The doc is on our website and they read it there then download the main
installer and run it.

3) Other?

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Dave,

If the authentication schema must be choosed during setup program, my
preference is to prompt the document/install instruction at the startup
time of your setup program. And you can make the installer program hang for
some certain period to force the user to read the setup instruction. BTW,
is the authentication schema configurable after the application has been
installed?

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead