How to add an ActiveX component to .NET web form?

Guest

I could not find the option to do it. Anyone know it? Example?Thank you.

By the way, how to add an ActiveX Control to a html file? Example? Thank you.

David

Eliyahu Goldin

David,

You add an ActiveX to a web form in the same way as you do to an html page.

An example:

<object id=WebTwain codeBase="ActiveX/DynamicWebTwain.cab#version=4,1"
height="472" width="368"
classid="clsid:E7DA7F8D-27AB-4EE9-8FC0-3FEC9ECFE758" viewastext>
<param name="_cx" value="9737">
<param name="_cy" value="12488">
<param name="TransferMode" value="0">
<param name="BorderStyle" value="0">
<param name="HTTPPort" value="443">
<param name="IfTiffMultiPage" value="True">
<param name="TIFFCompressionType" value="5">
<param name="MaxImagesInBuffer" value="50">
</object>

Eliyahu

Guest

Thank you

David

Eliyahu Goldin said:
David,

You add an ActiveX to a web form in the same way as you do to an html page.

An example:

<object id=WebTwain codeBase="ActiveX/DynamicWebTwain.cab#version=4,1"
height="472" width="368"
classid="clsid:E7DA7F8D-27AB-4EE9-8FC0-3FEC9ECFE758" viewastext>
<param name="_cx" value="9737">
<param name="_cy" value="12488">
<param name="TransferMode" value="0">
<param name="BorderStyle" value="0">
<param name="HTTPPort" value="443">
<param name="IfTiffMultiPage" value="True">
<param name="TIFFCompressionType" value="5">
<param name="MaxImagesInBuffer" value="50">
</object>

Eliyahu

Guest

Thank you,

I am a new comer in this area. Could you give me more explaination about the
example? Can you use an example in the current windows system? Thank you.

David

Eliyahu Goldin

David,

What you see in the example is an html <object> element. You can make your
own research in any html help available for you. You might need another
<object> to resolve licensing issues. ActiveX providers usually give you
exact instructions on this.

In Windows environment you just install the ActiveX separately and then
instantiate it in the code.

Eliyahu