    as ReportViewer.Controls.Add.But its not working.Please help me.

    Regards,

    S.Sevugan.

    Sevu, Jul 25, 2006

  2. Sevu

    tfsmag Guest

    I don't believe it is possible to do what you want. You have to edit
    the report itself to add a dropdown to your report. This is a fairly
    simple venture in reporting services. I can say with a certain degree
    of certainty that you cannot add things to the report as it renders in
    the report viewer control. You can however, pass along parameters to a
    reportviewer through other controls on the page, perhaps this is what
    you're looking to do?

    tfsmag, Jul 25, 2006

  3. Sevu

    Sevu Guest

    Hi tfsmag,

    Thanks for your reply.I am not want to have dropdownlist in
    page and based on the selection in dropdown,refresh the control and
    show the result.Instaed i need to have inside the control iteslf and
    show the result based on selection.

    You mentioned that we can add dropdownlist inside the
    report.Is it possible?But i didnt found dropdown list in toolbox while
    edit the report.Then how can we add dropdown list to the report
    itself.Please help me in this regard.

    If it is possible then my requirement will satisfy.Because i
    will call the report in reportviewer control.So it displays the
    dropdown inside the control itself.

    For your information,I am working with ASP 2.0

    Regards,
    S.Sevugan

    Sevu, Jul 26, 2006
  4. Sevu

    tfsmag Guest

    to have a dropdown appear in the report you need to add a new parameter
    to the report, you will also need to create a new dataset to poulate
    the dropdown once your parameter is created.

    In your business intelligence studio go to report > report parameters.

    Once you have the parameters window open click "add" and name your
    parameter.

    >From there you will need to set the parameter's properties.

    The "name" field should contain the name of the parameter.

    the datatype will probably almost always be string, unless you're
    pulling dates or numbers from the database in the dataset you use to
    populate your drop down.

    the "prompt" is what you want to appear next to the dropdownlist

    if you want people to be able to select mulitiple values, check the
    "multi value" checkbox, otherwise I think it's safe to leave the other
    checkboxes alone, unless you do not want to allow null/blank values,
    then you need to check those corresponding checkboxes.

    under "available values", if you've created another dataset via a
    query, select "from query" then pick the dataset you created as the
    dataset, then you'll need to pick the value and label fields from your
    dataset.

    I hope this is what you're looking for, otherwise I just spent alot of
    time for nothing!

    tfsmag, Jul 26, 2006
  5. Sevu

    danw

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    tfsmag,
    I have followed this posting with interest.

    I tried your recommendations, and I can't quite follow them.

    In particulat, I don't understand the following:

    under "available values", if you've created another dataset via a
    query, select "from query" then pick the dataset you created as the
    dataset, then you'll need to pick the value and label fields from your
    dataset.

    I don't "see" the "from query" that you referred to. Can you explain with a little more detail.

    Thanks for your patience!!

    danw

    danw, Aug 7, 2006
  6. Sevu