How to add vertical align attribute to designer

James Geurts

Hi,

I am trying to add designer support to my custom web control. It's similar
to the Panel control and I'd like to allow the user to specify vertical
align. I'm not quite sure what style is supported in the vs.net designer,
though.

So... in the OnBehaviorAttached() method of my designer class, I do
something like:

this.Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("vertical-align", true,
Enum.Format(typeof(VerticalAlign), propertyValue, "G"), true);

It doesn't appear that "vertical-align" is a valid style. Can someone tell
me what style I need to specify to accomplish this?

Also, is there a list of styles (and attributes) that are supported by the
vs.net designer?

Thanks

Jim

Jeff Bowman

Oops--layers don't support vertical alignment. It's a CSS issue, not a VS.NET
designer issue.

Now, that said, you might be able to find a CSS hack on Google--it's a hot
topic.

James Geurts

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do layers factor into the designer? The
vs.net designer is just a glorified IE control, right? Is it that a
ReadWriteControlDesigner is not rendered as a div or span in the designer
view?

Again, I would like to know the styles and attributes that are supported
with the vs.net designer...

btw, vertical alignment is supported by CSS:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS1#vertical-align

Thanks

Jim

Jeff Bowman

James said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but how do layers factor into the designer? The

The Panel control emits DIVs, which are layers.

vs.net designer is just a glorified IE control, right? Is it that a
ReadWriteControlDesigner is not rendered as a div or span in the designer
view?

AFAIK, there's no way to access the HTML in designer view.

Again, I would like to know the styles and attributes that are supported
with the vs.net designer...

That one I don't know. In fact I'm kind of curious myself.

btw, vertical alignment is supported by CSS:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS1#vertical-align

Yes, for inline elements such as SPAN. DIV is a block-level element.

http://google.com/search?q=css+div+vertical+alignment