    What is the best way to achieve this?

    Thanks

    John

    Q. John Chen, Aug 2, 2004

  2. Raterus

    Raterus Guest

    well the "best" way could be debated about here....here are most of your options

    add this to web.config (look up asp.net impersonation for more details)

    <identity impersonate="true" userName="DOMAIN\userwithpermissionstoaccessfile" password="blahblah" />

    or you can impersonate via code from this article (look at second option)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306158

    or, if IIS runs under a domain account that has permissions you can just do this, and avoid the cleartext password issue

    <identity impersonate="true" />

    Good luck!
    --Michael

    Raterus, Aug 2, 2004