How to call a .asp page?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Anthony, Aug 23, 2004.

  1. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    I have two .asp pages running under different IIS authentication methods..

    The first page uses Windows Authentication and gets the Logged on User from
    Request.ServerVariables("User_Logon")
    The second page runs under different Domain credentials and can access the
    ldap directory... so I want to call it like so..
    user = request.servervariables("User_Logon")
    then something like --

    <%
    call page2.asp?theuser=" & user"
    %>

    where page2 runs as 'anonymous' credentials... (and Logon_User is Null)

    -------
    If this can't be done can I write the information to a cookie and then read
    it from the other asp? How would I do that?

    thank you..
    Anthony, Aug 23, 2004

  2. You could store the username in a session variable. ie.

    a.asp, which authenticates
    <%
    Session("username") = Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") ''Note that it's
    not User_Logon
    %>

    b.asp, which does not authenticate
    <%
    sUsername = Session("Username")
    If sUsername = "" Then Response.Redirect "a.asp"
    Response.Write "Authenticated user for this session is " & sUsername
    %>

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Aug 23, 2004