    Thanks in advance.
    Best Regards,
    Parag

    Parag Gaikwad, Feb 23, 2007

  2. "Parag Gaikwad" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    > We have a requirement where we have to develop a custom Login Page which
    > will accept user's NT credentials ( Username , password, domain name).
    >
    > This then needs to be passed to a website which uses Windows

    Authentication

    This slightly ambigous, are you developing ASP which inturn talks to another
    web site that requires Windows Logon?

    > Now my question is how do we pass these credentials to IIS in classic ASP?
    > Would appreciate any help/pointers on this.

    Turn off anonymous access and ensure Windows integrated access is on.

    Anthony Jones, Feb 23, 2007

  3. Re: Classic ASP - Custom Login Page - Redirects to Windows Auth we

    Anthony, Thanks for the response.
    Yes the custom login page is in another website which has anonymous access.

    The requirement is - The user should use the custom login page to enter
    credentials to access this website which requires Windows Logon.

    I hope this gives clear picture of what I want to acheive.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Parag

    Parag Gaikwad, Feb 26, 2007
  4. Re: Classic ASP - Custom Login Page - Redirects to Windows Auth we

    > Anthony, Thanks for the response.
    > Yes the custom login page is in another website which has anonymous

    access.

    > The requirement is - The user should use the custom login page to enter
    > credentials to access this website which requires Windows Logon.
    >
    > I hope this gives clear picture of what I want to acheive.

    Barely.

    Are the two servers on the same domain or in domains that can trust each
    other?

    Are you trying to pass through requests from the client to the other server
    (the one requiring windows logon)? OR will the client be redirected
    somehow to this server?

    Do you intended to enforce HTTPS on the custom login page?

    > Thanks and Regards,
    > Parag
    > "Anthony Jones" wrote:
    >

    > > "Parag Gaikwad" <> wrote in

    message

    Anthony Jones, Feb 26, 2007
  5. Re: Classic ASP - Custom Login Page - Redirects to Windows Auth we

    Thanks, Anthony.
    Ok the requirement is something like this -
    All our websites are Intranet sites and within one domain.
    Now there is a website which allows anonymous acess to users.
    This website will have a custom login page which will take the NT
    credentials from the user (like domain, user name , password).
    It will then redirect the user to the sites, user wish to visit.
    Now all this sites have a windows logon authentication enabled (default IIS
    authentication).
    Now we should be able to pass these credentials to these sites so that user
    should not get the IIS authentication pop up box.

    Hope this gives more clearer picture.
    Thanks once again.
    Best Regards,
    Parag

    Parag Gaikwad, Feb 26, 2007
  6. Re: Classic ASP - Custom Login Page - Redirects to Windows Auth we

    > Thanks, Anthony.
    > Ok the requirement is something like this -
    > All our websites are Intranet sites and within one domain.
    > Now there is a website which allows anonymous acess to users.
    > This website will have a custom login page which will take the NT
    > credentials from the user (like domain, user name , password).
    > It will then redirect the user to the sites, user wish to visit.
    > Now all this sites have a windows logon authentication enabled (default

    IIS
    > authentication).
    > Now we should be able to pass these credentials to these sites so that

    user
    > should not get the IIS authentication pop up box.

    If all of these sites are in the intranet zone and the intranet zone
    security settings are set to their default then IE will attempt to use the
    current users logon credentials to connect. Hence logon boxes should not be
    seen. This assumes the client machines are in the same domain as well.

    When a user tries to connect to one of these servers does IE show them to be
    in the intranet zone?

    Are you using a FQDN (e.g., server1.mydomain.com) or simply the server
    name (e.g. server1) in the URLs to these servers?

    > Hope this gives more clearer picture.
    > Thanks once again.
    > Best Regards,
    > Parag
    >

    > "Anthony Jones" wrote:
    >

    > > "Parag Gaikwad" <> wrote in

    message

    Anthony Jones, Feb 26, 2007
  7. Re: Classic ASP - Custom Login Page - Redirects to Windows Auth we

    The client machines are not in the same domain. Infact these are trusted
    third parties outside our network which have our domain logon credentials
    created for them. They access these websites through a secure pipe available
    to them, that is the reason we have to provide a custom login page for them.
    They access the servers using the server name (eg .
    http://servername/websitename)

    Parag Gaikwad, Feb 26, 2007