How to call an asp-page by a clientside Javascript (syndication)

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by dany, Mar 19, 2006.

  1. dany

    dany Guest

    Hello

    I want to syndicate some content to other users. (no RSS)

    Anybody should be able to publish some information from my
    server/database by placing some javascript like:

    <script language="JavaScript"
    src="http://www.myserver.com/mypage.asp?param1=loremipsum&param2=dolorsit"></script>

    How can I code an ASP-page (on my server) so it returns and inserts
    information into a location in an existing webpage (other servers).

    Anyone who can help me? A tutorial or some example code would be great

    Thx!

    dany
    dany, Mar 19, 2006

  2. dany

    Doug Guest

    Not sure I understand the relationship between the servers, but your asp can
    access the parameters through:
    <%
    dim param1,param2
    param1=Request.QueryString("param1")
    param2=Request.QueryString("param2")
    %>
    What you do with them from there could be anything from display...
    <% Response.Write(param1) %>
    to inserting into a cookie, saving as a session variable, or inserting it
    into a database... To help you further requires more information on what you
    are trying to do.
    --
    Doug
    Dougs Graphics