How to call EJB in JBOSS from Tomcat

KT

Hi all

I would like to ask how to call EJB in JBoss from Tomcat.

and how to run "java -c ......" from a java program ?

thx a lot

aa

John C. Bollinger

KT said:
I would like to ask how to call EJB in JBoss from Tomcat.

Just like you would from any other Java component. You perform a JNDI
lookup against the JBoss server to get the EJB's home interface, then
use that to obtain a bean instance to work with. If you are using JBoss
with integrated Tomcat then you can use local EJB interfaces (provided
that the beans expose them); otherwise you must use remote interfaces.
and how to run "java -c ......" from a java program ?

Well, you could look into Runtime.exec(). On the other hand, you can
also start another Java app in the current VM simply by invoking its
main class' main() method (you might want to do that in its own thread).

John Bollinger
(e-mail address removed)