How to cancel strong password limitation in ASP 2.0

Henry Lee

Hi,
Our user complain about the strong password setting makes them hard to
remember for ASP 2.0 web. Is there anyway to disable the setting which
requires users must use strong password like #$% character ?
Thanks,
Henry

Guest

Hello Henry Lee,

You can modify the password requirements for the Sql membership provider
using the Membership.MinRequiredPasswordLength and
Membership.MinRequiredNonAlphanumericCharacters properties. They are settable
in the Web.config file:

<membership defaultProvider="SqlProvider"
userIsOnlineTimeWindow = "20>
<providers>
<add
name="SqlProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
connectionStringName="SqlServices"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
minAlphanumericCharacters="1"
minRequiredPasswordLength="7"
/>
</providers>
</membership>

<usual caveats apply about doing anything which weakens security>