    three selections are based on field two,...

    If you know of a good tutorial or site recommendations, I' appreciate you
    posting them here. Thanks.
    NotGiven, Sep 4, 2004

  2. NotGiven

    oeyvind toft Guest

    What do you mean by 'fields' ? Dropdowns ? radiobutts ? checkboxes ?

    Oeyvind

    --
    http://home.online.no/~oeyvtoft/ToftWeb/

    "NotGiven" <> skrev i melding
    > I'd like to have several levels of field selection. For example, field

    one

    oeyvind toft, Sep 4, 2004

  3. NotGiven

    NotGiven Guest

    Probably checkbox or radio buttons - I know they would be treated
    differently, but if I learn one, I coul dlearn the other. Thanks.

    NotGiven, Sep 4, 2004
  4. NotGiven

    Randy Webb Guest

    Re: how to choose one field and automatically show sub-selectionsin another field?

    NotGiven wrote:

    > Probably checkbox or radio buttons - I know they would be treated
    > differently, but if I learn one, I coul dlearn the other. Thanks.

    Thats not true. Radio Buttons and Checkboxes are entirely different when
    it comes to dealing with them in Javascript. Especially when it comes to
    getting the value of one. Consult the FAQ, and its notes.

    http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_13

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Sep 4, 2004
  5. NotGiven

    NotGiven Guest

    that helps with the form control bu tnot the question in general - thanks

    NotGiven, Sep 4, 2004
  6. NotGiven

    NotGiven Guest

    a more specific question

    two checkboxes, c1 <Sport>, c2 <SUV>. one field, f1 <MODELS>. If user
    checks c1, f1 is filled with models of Sports cars (Mustang, Porche,...).
    If c2 is checked, then f1 is filled with SUV models.

    By filled with, I f1 was empty but after the checkbox is checked, many
    choices appear.

    Thanks.

    NotGiven, Sep 4, 2004
  7. NotGiven

    oeyvind toft Guest

    Re: a more specific question

    I have done some experiments on a setup like the one you mention (but using
    radiobutts).

    If you supply an email address I can send it...

    Oeyvind

    oeyvind toft, Sep 5, 2004