How to choose what control will receive action on button click?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Robson Carvalho Machado, Aug 7, 2004.

  1. Dear Friends,

    I have the following code that creates dynamic controls at my form.

    My dificult is how to correct this code to put distinct AddHandler to each
    button and how to choose what label will receive text when Button1 is
    clickedor Button2 is clicked.

    I want to make possible to change text on Label1 when Button1 is clicked and
    change text on Label2 when Button2 is clicked .. and so on...

    Regards
    Robson Machado

    ASPX CODE:
    ---------------
    <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="dynamic.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="corretoresdeseguros.dynamic"%>
    <HTML>
    <asp:placeHolder id="PlaceHolder1" runat="server"></asp:placeHolder>
    </form>
    </HTML>

    CODEBEHIND:
    ----------------

    Public Class dynamic
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
    Dim myLabel As Label
    Dim myRadio As RadioButtonList
    Dim myRFV As RequiredFieldValidator
    Dim myText As TextBox
    Dim myButton As Button
    Dim myUnits As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    AddControls(1, 1, "Label1", "Label")
    AddControls(1, 2, "Label2", "Label")
    AddControls(1, 1, "Button1", "Button")
    AddControls(1, 2, "Button2", "Button")
    End Sub
    Sub AddControls(ByVal Index As Integer, ByVal QNum As Long, ByVal
    LabelText As String, ByVal Type As String)
    If Type = "Label" Then
    ' Add Label
    myLabel = New Label
    myLabel.ID = "LabelQ" & QNum
    myLabel.Text = LabelText & "<br><br>"
    myLabel.BorderStyle = 2
    PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(myLabel)
    End If

    If Type = "Radio" Then
    ' Add Radio
    myRadio = New RadioButtonList
    myRadio.ID = "RadioQ" & QNum
    myRadio.Items.Add("0")
    myRadio.Items.Add("1")
    myRadio.Items.Add("2")
    myRadio.Items.Add("3")
    myRadio.Items.Add("4")
    myRadio.Items.Add("5")
    myUnits = New System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit(402)
    myRadio.Width = myUnits
    myRadio.RepeatDirection = 0
    PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(myRadio)
    End If

    If Type = "RFV" Then
    ' Add RFV
    myRFV = New RequiredFieldValidator
    myRFV.ID = "RFVQ" & QNum
    myRFV.ErrorMessage = "Unanswered"
    myRFV.ControlToValidate = "RadioQ" & QNum
    PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(myRFV)
    End If

    If Type = "Button" Then
    myButton = New Button
    myButton.ID = "Button" & QNum
    myButton.Text = LabelText
    PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(myButton)
    With myButton
    AddHandler .Click, AddressOf Button1_Click
    End With
    End If

    End Sub
    System.EventArgs)