How to 'clear' httpModule?

Brian

My root app uses some basic url rewriting in an http module. This
interferes with an application I've just installed in a subdirectory

Removing the httpmodule reference from the web.config in the root app
makes both of the apps work together fine but for obvious reasons I'd
prefer another solution.

I tried using a <location> element in the root web.config to 'clear'
the httpmodule AND I tried clearing in the web.config of the
subdirectory app. No luck with either one... unless I was doing
something wrong.

Any ideas why this isn't working for me? What sort of details do I
need to provide to get some of the helpful advice I see here so often?
:)

-
Brian

Guest

You need to add a new <httpModules.. section in the child folder,
and add a "<remove name = ....
element to it.
Peter

Brian

You need to add a new <httpModules.. section in the child folder,
and add a "<remove name = ....
element to it.
Peter

Holy !*%^ !!

It works!
(I'm amazed because I tried doing this in the child folder with <clear
/> then added the <remove name=...> in conjunction with clear. Then
tried same in root using a location element with path set to subdir.
And always pulling my hair out. Just needed to get a bit more
simplistic.

Now to see if it will work on the live site. (that's always the trick
isn't it).

:)
Thanks!