    (move it around and click on things) using python?
    Thanks.

    , Jan 13, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Anybody know a way to control the mouse pointer
    > (move it around and click on things) using python?

    It depends on your operating system. For Windows, you'll want to use a
    Python module to access the Win32 API. The relevant API function is
    documented at <URL:http://tinyurl.com/jrxm>.

    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 13, 2005

    Sorry, I should have mentioned it's linux (debian).
    Thanks.

  4. On 2005-01-13, <> wrote:

    > Sorry, I should have mentioned it's linux (debian).
    > Thanks.

    What environment?

    Console?
    X11?
    MGR?
    ???

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! My ELBOW is a remote
    at FRENCH OUTPOST!!

    Grant Edwards, Jan 13, 2005

    >What environment?

    It's X.

    , Jan 13, 2005
  6. John Lenton Guest

    On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 01:07:18PM -0800, wrote:
    > Hi.
    > Anybody know a way to control the mouse pointer
    > (move it around and click on things) using python?

    in X11, you could use Xlib to do so. In debian unstable, that's
    "apt-get install python-xlib{,-doc}", and start reading.

    --
    John Lenton () -- Random fortune:
    Obviously I was either onto something, or on something.

    John Lenton, Jan 14, 2005