    user ALWAYS can input that url directly into the browser
    to access that html,that 's the question....anybody can
    help me????

    jack, Jul 8, 2003

  2. jack

    Chris Barber Guest

    At the top of the page check to see if the user has logged in and created a
    'session' (NB: I'm not explicitly referring to ASP sessions here). If not
    then just redirect back to the login page.
    Store a cookie in the client browser and allow the user to decide if they
    want to aloow the cookie to be used for 'auto' authentication (eg. store a
    unique id that identifies the user in the cookie). Beware that the browser
    may be used by more than one user so this could alllow unwanted access to
    the page (similar to Amazon auto detect if a user returns to the site).

    Chris.

    Chris Barber, Jul 8, 2003