How to copy an MS Excel graphic from the system clipboard to an image control and obtain its source

TC

Hello,

Here is what I'm trying to do:

-- Make sure both MS Excel and MS Word are running
-- Create an Excel chart
-- Save the Excel file
-- Copy the Excel chart onto the clipboard using Ctrl + C
-- Go to Word and look under Edit > Paste Special
-- Note there is a source reference and an option to paste the chart as a
metafile, etc.
-- I would like to take this same information and make it available in a C#
or VB.Net app

For example, create a simple Windows application with a userform, an image
control, a label and a single command button.

Let's say that after the Excel chart is on the clipboard, one clicks the
Windows application command button and Voila!, the imate control now
contains a copy of the Excel chart and the label contains the reference
information.

I can make this work utilizing older technologies (i.e. WIN API to access
the clipboard, etc.).

Currently, when I try to set the image control in C#, I get a "cannot
implicitly convert ..." blah blah error. Don't even know where to begin to
obtain the source reference.

Either I do not understand the currently available clipboard functionality
under .Net or this is still only possible via the WIN API.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Todd