How to correctly load a dynamic control c#

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by JC, Nov 25, 2004.

  1. JC

    JC Guest

    Hi,

    This is best-practise question, I am very keen to hear your thoughts.

    I have a method that accepts a DataSet. The method then builds a table
    structure using data from the Dataset. As the table builds I add
    linkButtons to certain cells and associate them with an onClick event.

    If I place a call to the method in the onLoad() or init() events
    (which I know I have to in order to have viewstate) all is well
    ASSUMING the dataset that populates my original method is available
    but if not obviously the call to the method will fail.

    I assume that I just do a check to see if the dataset is there, and
    then call the method from the page_load() - but maybe I'm missing
    something.

    I would be glad of some input

    Many thanks

    James