how to load test a web app?

• Thread starter Albert-Jan Roskam
  • Start date
A

Albert-Jan Roskam

Hi,

I am looking at three Github-like programs (Stash, Gitbucket and Trac) to see if they could be used in our company. I would like to test the reliability and stability of at least one of them (I won't do any tests if some required functionality is missing).

I am curious whether the program will crash under certain circumstances (e.g. multiple users checking code at *exactly* the same moment). What approach could I follow here? Though this does not *necessarily* have to involve Python, I would prefer this. The way I see it, it would carry out certain common usage patterns many times to simulate many users. I thought about using mechanize/subprocess, the multimechanize package, or the twill package.

Very curious to hear your thoughts about this and I hope this is not too vague. Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Albert-Jan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a
fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ask a Question