How to create a project file from make files in VC++

sudheervemana

Dear all,

In my main directory there are some source files
and i have another directory which includes several folders,each
contains the make files.Now i want to debug my source code in either
VC++ or in Tornado 2.2 IDE,for that i need to create an work space and
an project file.so that i can include my source and header files in my
project.Before that i want to know is there any possibilty of debugging
my source code using the MAK files of several folders that are using my
source code without any project and work space .So how can i create an
prioject file so that my make files should be used.IS there any
possibility of creating an project file using MAK files.

Regards,
Babu.

Victor Bazarov

Dear all,

In my main directory there are some source files
and i have another directory which [...]

Wrong newsgroup. Try 'microsoft.public.vc.project_mgt'.

Gianni Mariani

Dear all,

In my main directory there are some source files
and i have another directory which includes several folders,each
contains the make files.Now i want to debug my source code in either
VC++ or in Tornado 2.2 IDE,for that i need to create an work space and
an project file.so that i can include my source and header files in my
project.Before that i want to know is there any possibilty of debugging
my source code using the MAK files of several folders that are using my
source code without any project and work space .So how can i create an
prioject file so that my make files should be used.IS there any
possibility of creating an project file using MAK files.

There are two "make" systems that I know of that create vcproj files.

MakeXS (which I wrote) and cmake.

MakeXS makes some constraints on your directory structure while cmake
has some other constraints (I used it a year ago).

I know of at least one company that has an improved MakeXS that will be
hopefully release a better faster vcproj generator.