How to create a server in J2EE?

BogusException

J2EE Newbie...

I'm looking to create a J2EE application that opens a port on the
deployed server and listens for, and handles, traffic from clients. The
app works fine in J2SE, but I can't find a single reference in any of
my newly acquired books on J2EE, the Sun J2EE tutorial (I have the
book), or the Internet, of any way to simply open up a port and listen.
A good example of what I'm looking to do would be a J2EE syslog server,
or a telnet server, etc.

I thought I was on to something with JavaBean connectors, or somehow
opening the port up as a form of EIS, but nothing concrete has
surfaced.

Any thoughts?

TIA!

BogusException

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

BogusException said:
I'm looking to create a J2EE application that opens a port on the
deployed server and listens for, and handles, traffic from clients. The
app works fine in J2SE, but I can't find a single reference in any of
my newly acquired books on J2EE, the Sun J2EE tutorial (I have the
book), or the Internet, of any way to simply open up a port and listen.
A good example of what I'm looking to do would be a J2EE syslog server,
or a telnet server, etc.

I thought I was on to something with JavaBean connectors, or somehow
opening the port up as a form of EIS, but nothing concrete has
surfaced.

If you need to listen to TCP connections or UDP packets from within
a JEE app server, then I believe the recommended solution is to
use a JCA 1.5 inbound connector.

Arne