How to create a word document from a HTML page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mohan Kumar via DotNetMonster.com, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. I have a sequence of asp forms to take data from the user from which I have to create a word doc in a predefined format with the data inputted inserted appropraitely.
    How can I do this?

    Mohan Kumar via DotNetMonster.com, Jan 12, 2005

  2. Mohan Kumar via DotNetMonster.com

    JohnFol Guest

    What do you do with the Word Documents and where are the responses stored.
    Id suggest you just save the responses to a db and do a MailMerge from word.

    "Mohan Kumar via DotNetMonster.com" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    JohnFol, Jan 12, 2005

  3. "Mohan Kumar via DotNetMonster.com" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > I have a sequence of asp forms to take data from the user from which I

    have to create a word doc in a predefined format with the data inputted
    inserted appropraitely.
    > How can I do this?

    Output the info formatted as HTML and use Response.ContentType =
    "application/msword" to trick the browser into thinking the output is a Word
    doc.

    Similar technique used for Excel:

    Similar technique used for Word and RTF:

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Jan 12, 2005