how to cut and paste in the windows of python(command line)

fang

Dear all:

The mouse cannot be responded in the windows of python(command
line) and cut and paste cannot be done. ctrl c and ctrl v do not work.
But they do work in IDLE.
please teach me about the python(command line).

André

Dear all:

      The mouse cannot be responded in the windows of python(command
line) and cut and paste cannot be done. ctrl c and ctrl v do not work.
But they do work in IDLE.
      please teach me about the python(command line).

What Operating System are you using? If you are using Windows, you
could try cutting and pasting from the menu (I am assuming you are
using a normal terminal windows).

André

Fredrik Lundh

fang said:
The mouse cannot be responded in the windows of python(command
line) and cut and paste cannot be done. ctrl c and ctrl v do not work.
But they do work in IDLE.

that has absolutely nothing to do with Python, and everything to do with
what console or terminal program you're using.

if you're using windows, you'll find edit commands, including copy and
paste, commands in the window menu (click on the icon in the upper left
corner). Python also supports the standard "doskey" commands (text+F8
to search in history, UP/DOWN to recall commands, ESC to clear, etc).

if you want better console support, consider installing the "ipython"
shell:

http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/

</F>

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven

-On [20080724 13:50] said:
if you want better console support, consider installing the "ipython"
shell:

Unless you work with non-ASCII. Ipython mangles non-ASCII unfortunately.

[Full UTF-8 environment]

In [1]: a = u'æ„›'
In [2]: a
Out[2]: u'\xe6\x84\x9b'

Normal python shell:
u'\u611b'

I wonder if it can be easily fixed with a getpreferredencoding() or by using
an .encode(sys.stdout.encoding or getpreferredencoding() or 'ascii',
'replace') triplet.