    line) and cut and paste cannot be done. ctrl c and ctrl v do not work.
    But they do work in IDLE.
    please teach me about the python(command line).

    fang, Jul 24, 2008

  2. fang

    André Guest

    On Jul 24, 8:17 am, fang <> wrote:
    > Dear all:
    >
    >       The mouse cannot be responded in the windows of python(command
    > line) and cut and paste cannot be done. ctrl c and ctrl v do not work.
    > But they do work in IDLE.
    >       please teach me about the python(command line).

    What Operating System are you using? If you are using Windows, you
    could try cutting and pasting from the menu (I am assuming you are
    using a normal terminal windows).

    André

    André, Jul 24, 2008

  3. fang wrote:
    > The mouse cannot be responded in the windows of python(command
    > line) and cut and paste cannot be done. ctrl c and ctrl v do not work.
    > But they do work in IDLE.

    that has absolutely nothing to do with Python, and everything to do with
    what console or terminal program you're using.

    if you're using windows, you'll find edit commands, including copy and
    paste, commands in the window menu (click on the icon in the upper left
    corner). Python also supports the standard "doskey" commands (text+F8
    to search in history, UP/DOWN to recall commands, ESC to clear, etc).

    if you want better console support, consider installing the "ipython"
    shell:

    http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Jul 24, 2008
  4. -On [20080724 13:50], Fredrik Lundh () wrote:
    >if you want better console support, consider installing the "ipython"
    >shell:

    Unless you work with non-ASCII. Ipython mangles non-ASCII unfortunately.

    [Full UTF-8 environment]

    In [1]: a = u'æ„›'
    In [2]: a
    Out[2]: u'\xe6\x84\x9b'

    Normal python shell:

    >>> a = u'æ„›'
    >>> a

    u'\u611b'

    I wonder if it can be easily fixed with a getpreferredencoding() or by using
    an .encode(sys.stdout.encoding or getpreferredencoding() or 'ascii',
    'replace') triplet.

    イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
    One who knows that enough is enough will always have enough...

    Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven, Jul 24, 2008
  5. fang

    fang Guest

    Dear:

    Thank you very much! I can do it! It's very nice!

    fang, Jul 24, 2008