    Is there any way to get something like a core dump and to look at it
    after the application died?

    Thanks in advance for any idea.
    gelonida, Feb 4, 2011

  2. gelonida

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 2/4/2011 11:41 AM, Miki Tebeka wrote:
    >> With crashing I mean, that windows pops up a screen saying, that
    >> python.exe failed.
    >> I do not have any usable trace on stdout / stderr.
    >>
    >> What are the best means to analyze such errors?

    > You can use sys.excepthook to catch uncaught exceptions. See http://pythonwise.blogspot.com/2008/12/crashlog.html for example ;)

    There likely is no uncaught exception, since such should produce a
    visible stack trace, certainly if the app is run from a Command Prompt
    window.

    Victor Stinner is working on a module for 3.3 that will try to catch
    crashes and produce some report before everything is gone. It may be up
    on PyPI before that.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Feb 4, 2011