weird error with python 2.7 installer under windows 7

Discussion in 'Python' started by Robin Becker, Sep 21, 2010.

  1. Robin Becker

    Robin Becker Guest

    A colleague gets this error while testing a bdist wininst installer under
    windows 7 professional.

    This is on the page where the Post install script output appears. In the upper
    part I see

    "Postinstall script finished.
    Click the Finish button to exit the setup wizard."

    In the bottom panel where we normally see output about the created scripts I see
    this

    "close failed in file object destructor:

    Error in sys.excepthook:

    Original exception was:"

    I have tried the same installer with a Win XP Sp3 machine and it doesn't cause
    any problems.

    Any ideas?
    --
    Robin Becker
    Robin Becker, Sep 21, 2010

  2. > Any ideas?

    Try running the postinstall script by hand.

    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin v. Loewis, Sep 22, 2010