Installation problem: Python 2.6.6 (32-Bit) on Windows 7 (32-Bit)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Cappy2112, Sep 1, 2010.

  1. Cappy2112

    Cappy2112 Guest

    Has anyone else had problems running the msi for Python 2.6.6 on
    Windows 7 Professional?

    If I don't check "Compile .py to byte code", the installer completes
    without error.

    Checking "Compile .py to byte code" causes the following to be
    displayed

    "There is a problem with the windows installer package. A program run
    as part of setup did not complete as expected"

    1. I have GB of disk space available.
    2. I have admin privileges
    3. The MD5 checksum of the downloaded installer matches the MD5
    checksum on python.org
    4. Run As Adminsitrator is not available when I Shift-Right Click
    (probably because my login already has admin privileges)

    I'm also having a similar issue with the PythonWin32 extensions
    installer on the same machine.
    Cappy2112, Sep 1, 2010

  2. Am 01.09.2010 21:18, schrieb Cappy2112:
    > Has anyone else had problems running the msi for Python 2.6.6 on
    > Windows 7 Professional?

    I specifically tested whether "compile .py" works before the release,
    and it worked fine on my machine.

    I suspect you have a source file on your disk that it tries to compile
    and it won't, because of a syntax error.

    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin v. Loewis, Sep 4, 2010