How to Debug and Trace asp.net 1.1?

danielsanberger

Hi all,

I am a complete beginner to asp.net and have to maintain an application
on the 1.1 Framework, written in VB.NET.

I would like to know, is it possible to debug the .aspx files of the
application (javascript) in some way. I read in a book and on the
internet, that it is possible. I tried something like:

<% Page debug="true" %> and also <% Page trace="treu"%>, bit I get the
following message:

Parser Error
required to service this request. Please review the following specific
parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The directive 'Page' is unknown.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="wctrlManageProducts.ascx.vb"
Inherits="CPD.wctrlManageProduct"
TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"
enableViewState="True"%>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="wctrlMyStructure"
Src="wctrlMyStructure.ascx" %>
Line 3: <%@ Page Language="vb" trace="true" %>
Line 4:
Line 5: <LINK href="visualasp.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

What shall I do?

Thanks in advance
Daniel

Vadivel Kumar

I guess, you are not creating a WebForm, otherwise how come it has the
<%@ Control %> directive, which is wrong in a WebForm.

Check for the file type in your solution and try by creating a new WebForm.

If you are not using Visual Studio and typed <%@ Control %> directive
manually, then it is wrong because a WebForm cannot contain a <%@
Control %> directive and <%@ Page %> directive.

Or, If you are trying to place a control in your webform, then probably
you have to use <%@ Register %> directive to place the control.

Let me know if this isn't what you need.