How to deploy ASP.NET 2.0 INTRANET application?

tomix

Hi,
I need to deploy INTRANET ASP.NET 2.0 application and i would like to
ask ig the following
can be done using windows installer:

1.Install sql server express(must i add it to the installation or can i
link it from MS site?)
2.Create the aspnetdb inside my data base(regiis)
3.Change security mode to integrated
4.configure IIS site to use ASP.NET 2.0 if needed

Thanks in advance.

Tomer

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

1. You can bootstrap the Express setup. Check the MSDN site for bootstrap.
2. You can use aspnet_regsql or run a script against the database engine
3. Configure IIS is most easily aspnet_regiis (with -s you can choose a
particular web). You can import other settings.

Look up cutom installers and bootstrap and you have the majority of the
problem solved. I would still consider manually configuring, as this is a
web app, unless you are rolling to all desktops, as the redeployment will be
much faster than the MSI install/uninstall route.