How to disable the Enter Key from processing firts button.

Daren Hawes

Hi,

I have a ASP.NET 1.1 page that in top corner has a login box & button. Then
a large form.

Users can fill out the form and press enter, but it actually submits the
login not the one I want. How can I ensure that the Enter submits the
second submit button on the page and not the first? How can I stop enter
submitting at all?

Thanks

Rob Meade

I have a ASP.NET 1.1 page that in top corner has a login box & button.
Then a large form.

Users can fill out the form and press enter, but it actually submits the
login not the one I want. How can I ensure that the Enter submits the
second submit button on the page and not the first? How can I stop enter
submitting at all?

Hi Daren,

Perhaps a little client side script here might do the job...here's an
example for you...

http://www.felgall.com/jstip43.htm

From:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=javascript+disable+enter+key