    Paul D. Fox Guest

    Has anyone added a "Type Ahead" functionality to a Combo Box Web Control?

    Paul
    Paul D. Fox, Mar 23, 2005

  2. Yes, Andy Smith of MetaBuilders built a combo box with type ahead
    functionality.
    The control and the source code are free. Find them here:
    http://www.metabuilders.com/tools/ComboBox.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 23, 2005

  3. Paul D. Fox

    Paul D. Fox Guest

    Thanks Steve, this works out pretty well, however I'd like to modfiy it
    somehow so that when the first letters are typed, the control "drops down"
    to show the full list of items with the selected letters highlighted (which
    its already doing). Is there a method that will "drop the box down" when
    the first letters are typed?

    Paul

    Paul D. Fox, Mar 24, 2005