How to download a text file from server to client?

vaisakh.ak

hi,
I am devoloping a web application using JSP and Servlets.
The first thing I need to know is how to create a text file in the
sever.
Once the text file is created there should be an option for
downloading it to the client.It could a link.On click of that link the
user should be able to save it to the client.

any help will be great!
thanks in advance.

christopher

if it sounds like homework, it probably is homework.
This is basic browser stuff -- how does a browser receive a file and
how does the browser know what to do with the file? try doing the
assignment or *browsing* the web looking for java servlet tutorials