How to emulate Word mail merge in HTML?

VB Programmer

I have a database with customers. I aslo have a simple HTML newsletter:

Hello [Insert Name]!
Your address is [Insert Address], [Insert City], [Insert State].
You work for [Insert Company].
Here is your logo: [Insert Logo Graphic].

I want to let the user:
1. Edit the newsletter in a text box and
2. Print out this HTML letter for any selected user. The [Insert xxx]
fields will be taken dynamically from the database. This is much like a
Word mail merge.

Any ideas or suggestions how to do this?

(By the way, I am a VB.NET/ASP.NET programmer.)

avnrao

you can try with having an xsl generating your html content.
get your custom data in xml format and generate all your newsletters.

Av.

VB Programmer

Any online examples (links etc...)?

How would the user be able to edit the newsletter?