    It still has an error in 60 seconds.

    How to solve it?
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JhY2U=?=, Feb 4, 2005

  2. May your application have 60 seconds time out. which configured via IIS
    manager. My advice you to test it using Response.BufferOutput is false. and
    flush it at some count of records.

    Also, i wonder if does it give a sql connection time out or ASP.NET timeout?
    If it gives a sql connection time out, you must set timeout in your
    connection string...

    --
    Thanks,
    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN

    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN, Feb 4, 2005

  3. I don't configure the IIS setting.
    I already set ScriptTimeout and SqlCommand's CommandTimeout, but it doesn't
    work.
    The Web Page only needs a DataGrid which shows the processing result.
    So, I use Response.BufferOutput=false; , it still doesn't work.

    ASP Web Page can use Server.ScriptTimeout to extend running time,
    but ASP.NET seems no work for it.

    I think ASP.NET should have this function, but I don't find it until now.

    If you have other suggestions, please kindly tell me.
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JhY2U=?=, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Does your exception is thrown by SQL server or ASP.NET? Also if you set your
    connection string timeout may your connection expire...

    --
    Thanks,
    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN

    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN, Feb 4, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?R3JhY2U=?=

    DalePres Guest

    Just a thought, but from my experience, any query result that takes more
    than 60 seconds to return might be way too big to send to a web page.

    How much data are you returning? Could you reduce the time to return the
    data by tuning and optimizing your query? Do you have the appropriate
    indexes, etc?

    DalePres
    MCAD, MCDBA, MCSE

    DalePres, Feb 4, 2005
  6. It doesn't figure out what reason.

    But, the data in the SQL Server is little, it could get the result.
    If the data is large, it will interrupt the execution.

    I Guess that it must run a long time, but ASP.NET doesn't allow it.
    Even though I set ScriptTimeout and CommandTimeout, it still doesn't extend
    the execution time.
    But, I think ASP.NET must can do it, only I don't know what to do.

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JhY2U=?=, Feb 14, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?R3JhY2U=?=

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Grace wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I write a Web Application:
    > its UI has a DataGrid controller.
    > The web application gets huge data from SQL Server,
    > then shows the result after processing these data.
    >
    > It needs much time to run it.
    > But, it happened an error after running less than 60 seconds.
    > This error didn't explain detail.
    > I set
    > Server.ScriptTimeout=600;
    > <httpRuntime executionTimeout="600" />
    > cmd.CommandTimeout=600;
    > But, it doesn't work.
    > It still has an error in 60 seconds.
    >
    > How to solve it?

    You could run the query in background and put the result into Cache or
    Application State.

    ASP.NET doesn't provide anything like servlet, but since the
    HttpApplication (global.asax) is not restarted per request, you may use
    it for the purpose. Just override HttpApplication.Init() to setup a
    thread for such tasks.

    Aquila Deus, Feb 14, 2005