How to find about Daylight Saving time from the SW ?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Pelle Beckman, May 1, 2005.

  1. skrev:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to know if Daylight Saving time is ON, and then calculate
    > the time (i.e. how many hours difference due to the Daylight Saving
    > time).
    >
    > I need it because I am getting the time from a GPS system, and I want
    > to set the clock correctly.
    >
    > I am working on a Win2K system (OBviously it should work on XP etc.)
    >
    > Thanks
    > Maurice

    Wrong newsgroup.
    Go to a Win32-specific one.

  3. Pelle Beckman

    osmium Guest

    <> wrote:

    > I would like to know if Daylight Saving time is ON, and then calculate
    > the time (i.e. how many hours difference due to the Daylight Saving
    > time).
    >
    > I need it because I am getting the time from a GPS system, and I want
    > to set the clock correctly.
    >
    > I am working on a Win2K system (OBviously it should work on XP etc.)

    Have you looked into what you can do with tm_isdst in <ctime>?

    osmium, May 1, 2005
  4. wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to know if Daylight Saving time is ON, and then calculate
    > the time (i.e. how many hours difference due to the Daylight Saving
    > time).
    >
    > I need it because I am getting the time from a GPS system, and I want
    > to set the clock correctly.
    >
    > I am working on a Win2K system (OBviously it should work on XP etc.)

    This is off topic here.

    Try microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc newsgroup.

    Also better use the public MS newsgroup server for that one:

    msnews.microsoft.com

    --
    Ioannis Vranos

    http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys