how to find difference between two strings

Priyank Shah

Hi,

I have two strings, like
@a = "hello"
@b = "h123llo"

so in that how can i print diffrence?

i want difference like user know which diffrence on which character.

Please let me know if any one know.

Thanks in advance
Priyank

Josh Cheek

I have two strings, like
@a = "hello"
@b = "h123llo"

so in that how can i print diffrence?

i want difference like user know which diffrence on which character.

Please let me know if any one know.

Thanks in advance
Priyank
"Difference" in this case does not seem very well defined.

Priyank Shah

Priyank said:
Hi,

I have two strings, like
@a = "hello"
@b = "h123llo"

so in that how can i print diffrence?

i want difference like user know which diffrence on which character.

Please let me know if any one know.

Thanks in advance
Priyank

Thanks to you all but i want difference so i used

http://codeidol.com/other/rubyckbk/Files-and-Directories/Comparing-Two-Files/

And its working fine but i actully want exact difference.

and it just shows me number of differences.

So if you have any idea regarding this then please suggest.

Thanks,
Priyank Shah