    there a way.

    Thanks
    Appu

    Murugesh, Mar 18, 2005

  2. Murugesh

    Tim Heaney Guest

    Murugesh <> writes:

    > I'm a newbie to Perl.How can we find what are the modules installed?

    There is a FAQ entry for this. You can read it locally

    perldoc -q installed

    or online

    http://faq.perl.org/perlfaq3.html#How_do_I_find_which_

    Perhaps the most direct way is to search through @INC looking for
    files ending in .pm

    perl -MFile::Find -le 'find sub{push @m, $File::Find::name if
    /\.pm$/}, $_ for @INC; print for @m'

    Since it looks like you're using Windows, you probably want to use
    double-quotes on that

    perl -MFile::Find -le "find sub{push @m, $File::Find::name if /\.pm$/}, $_ for @INC; print for @m"

    I hope this helps,

    Tim

    Tim Heaney, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Murugesh

    Joe Smith Guest

    Tim Heaney wrote:
    > Murugesh <> writes:
    >>I'm a newbie to Perl.How can we find what are the modules installed?

    > There is a FAQ entry for this. You can read it locally
    >
    > perldoc -q installed

    There is another way not mentioned in that FAQ.

    If CPAN.pm is installed and configured, you can use
    perl -MCPAN -e autobundle
    to get a list of modules and their version numbers.

    -Joe

    Joe Smith, Mar 22, 2005
  4. Murugesh

    Gisle Aas Guest

    Joe Smith <> writes:

    > There is another way not mentioned in that FAQ.

    There is also the 'instmodsh' program that is bundled with perl.

    --
    Gisle Aas

    Gisle Aas, Apr 1, 2005