How to find installed Modules

Murugesh

I'm a newbie to Perl.How can we find what are the modules installed? Is
there a way.

Thanks
Appu

Tim Heaney

Murugesh said:
I'm a newbie to Perl.How can we find what are the modules installed?

There is a FAQ entry for this. You can read it locally

perldoc -q installed

or online

http://faq.perl.org/perlfaq3.html#How_do_I_find_which_

Perhaps the most direct way is to search through @INC looking for
files ending in .pm

perl -MFile::Find -le 'find sub{push @m, $File::Find::name if
/\.pm$/}, $_ for @INC; print for @m'

Since it looks like you're using Windows, you probably want to use
double-quotes on that

perl -MFile::Find -le "find sub{push @m, $File::Find::name if /\.pm$/}, $_ for @INC; print for @m"

I hope this helps,

Tim

Joe Smith

Tim said:
There is a FAQ entry for this. You can read it locally

perldoc -q installed

There is another way not mentioned in that FAQ.

If CPAN.pm is installed and configured, you can use
perl -MCPAN -e autobundle
to get a list of modules and their version numbers.

-Joe