How to force PDFs into frames?

not

I maintain a large (~500 html page) site that is built using frames.
On the site there are more than 75 PDF documents, with more on the
way. Search engines like Google are picking up the PDFs, and as such
we are getting a lot of hits specifically on these PDF documents.

But the site as intended would display said PDF documents within a
frame, giving it the desired context (in other words, navigation bars
above, providing links to more relvant info in html and more PDFs).

What I seek to do is insert a snippet of javascript code into each PDF
that would essentially follow the logic of "if parent, then display in
frame," BUT I don't wish to create a specific frameset file to
correspond to each PDF.

What I want is something that works thusly: "if this PDF is not in a
frame, launch browser and a frameset file that will put navbar.html on
top and THIS PDF FILE below it." Ideally I could then use this same
exact code in all 75! (and future) PDF documents.

I haven't found a way to do this with javascript yet. Can anyone help?