How to generate Eclipse project files under apache ode?

Van Caesar

When I met apache ode, I found ruby.
(url: http://incubator.apache.org/ode/eclipse-ide.html)

I download Ode soucecode from subversion, install Ruby and Buildr in
order to use the command "rake" to build ode and generate the Eclipse
project files, by the way my OS is Microsofr XP. A problem emerged as
follows,

//the problem

D:\ODE\trunk>rake package
(in D:/ODE/trunk)
Downloading ant:ant:jar:1.6.5
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.
rake aborted!
Failed to download ant:ant:jar:1.6.5, tried the following repositories:
http://pxe.intalio.org/public/maven2
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
D:/ODE/trunk/rakefile:316

//

This problem has puzzled me for several days. I am a newbie for
workflow, bpel and ODE. So I did it step by step followed by Developing
Ode with the Eclipse IDE.But I failed. Maybe I haven't installed
ruby-dev, I am not sure, and I have to say I am not able to install
ruby-dev even this.

John Mettraux

When I met apache ode, I found ruby.
(url: http://incubator.apache.org/ode/eclipse-ide.html)

I download Ode soucecode from subversion, install Ruby and Buildr in
order to use the command "rake" to build ode and generate the Eclipse
project files, by the way my OS is Microsofr XP. A problem emerged as
follows,

//the problem

D:\ODE\trunk>rake package
(in D:/ODE/trunk)
Downloading ant:ant:jar:1.6.5
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.

you'll find the Ode mailing lists at
http://incubator.apache.org/ode/mailing-lists.html

You should ask this question on their user mailing list, you'll get
better help than here on the ruby talk mailing list.

Best regards,

Van Caesar

John said:
Hi,

you'll find the Ode mailing lists at
http://incubator.apache.org/ode/mailing-lists.html

You should ask this question on their user mailing list, you'll get
better help than here on the ruby talk mailing list.

Best regards,

Hi,John,

Thanks for your reply, and just as you had said I had email to
(e-mail address removed) several days ago, but I had no replies.
So, I found ruby forum, and I expected to find what I wanted here. I am
not similar with ruby, therefor I think maybe my usage of ruby has
problems.

Anyways, thanks for your help sincerely. In China, today is Dragon Boat
Festival, good luck for you.

David Southwell

Thanks John, you are so kind.

OK I use eclipse and I have installed the following for a really effective
eclipse IDE with rails:

first install org.rubypeople.rdt
then
com.aptana.ide
followed by
org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey
org.radrails.rails_feature
org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey (notice depending on your version of eclipse you
may need to install this extension a second time)
You need to carefully read the info on aptana's website and select the right
options. Once I had my head around it the whole installation took 20 mins.
Then you have full support for rails
This combination works really well with fill support for all rails features
direct from the IDE

If you need any more info please ask

david