how to get configuration settings

coltrane

I am running apps on a solaris and windows box. Where are the
configuration parameters set and how can I dump the settings.

thanks your help

john

Manish Pandit

If you are setting the config params by passing them to JVM using
-Dproperty=value, you can access them by using
System.getProperty("name"). If you are storing configuration any other
way (like a config file), the JVM runtime will not be aware of it 'out
of the box' and you might want to write a wrapper class to dump them.

-cheers,
Manish

coltrane

Thanks,

where can I find the list of configuration parameters I can use.
I am looking for info on how to set the heap size but I cannot find
anything.
I'm probably not doing the correct searches.

thanks again

john

Manish Pandit

-Xms initial java heap size
-Xmx maximum java heap size
-Xmn the size of the heap for the young generation

-cheers,
Manish