How to get dynamic control's value after postback?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by YesGoGoGo@gmail.com, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. Guest

    hello!
    I have a question about getting dynamic control's value after
    postback(or submit).
    I've read a lot of article and have some idea.
    It's seems that if I want to keep the dynamic control's layout and
    value,
    I have to make some *extra work" to keep control's hiararchy,such as
    using arraylist,
    or recreating control when the page postback and in initilization
    stage.
    But I still have a question.
    Does it mean as long as these dynamic controls are recreated,
    I can undoubtedly get their values just like the usual?
    and the value here is from dynamic controls' viewstate?(if I enable it
    in advance)

    Is my thought right?
    Please give me some hint
    Thanx a lot!
    , Apr 19, 2006

  2. Yes, that is correct. Right after the controls have been reconstructed,
    viewstate is loaded and retained for the recreated control(only after the
    recreation phase ofcourse).
    Refer to the following online documentation for more information that might
    interest you.
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/hbdfdyh7(VS.80).aspx

    Have a good day,
    Alessandro Zifiglio